In support of the University’s advocacy on pursuing new knowledge and innovation, the Research Office provides substantial support to various Schools / Units in respect of research grants and funding. The Research Office has been liaising over 160 sponsors from both local and non-local regions involving about 900 funding schemes and managed over 4000 research projects over the past three years. The mission of the Research Office is to serve as an information hub for colleagues providing access to a variety of information relating to the research grants and funding, including relevant policies and regulations of which from internal and external funding agencies. The Research Office also aims to provide a wide range of supporting services to faculty and research staff to facilitate their research pursuance.
The Research Office liaises with funding agencies and concerned parties to provide assistance in the submission of research grants applications, management of grants and related agreements pertaining to research funding programmes. The Office performs various roles amid its core business and discharging the following duties:
- Provide and disseminate information on funding opportunities via announcements on the website and organization of workshops/seminars;
- Work with faculty and research staff and assist them in preparing and submitting research proposals in accordance with funding agencies’ requirements; to coordinate the submissions of applications to funding agencies;
- Assist in reviewing the terms of agreements in respective research grants and coordinate with related parties for input in this regard;
- Administer and monitor research projects, including close-out actions on completed projects, ensuring that requirements of the related funding agencies and/or relevant agreement conditions are complied with; and
- Provide relevant reports on research activities.